Sunday 3 April 2011

Go Roosters!

Today, I was one of 20,497 people at the Roosters vs. the Wests Tigers game at the Sydney Football Stadium. I was told this game was going to be a close one, but this was not the case at today's match. The Roosters dominated the game from the beginning. They even had to play down a player at the very end after Minichiello was marched to the sidelines. The Roosters solidified a 24-6 victory over the Tigers. I'm glad I sported the Roosters' colors because being a Roosters fan was exciting. The crowd was the essence of the game for me. They were so wild and enthusiastic. Even though I knew almost nothing about rugby, I still had a fun time cheering for the Roosters. I did, however, learn A LOT about the game just by watching. I ended up drawing a lot of comparisons with American football. The players were wearing a lot less padding and equipment. Rugby is interrupted little by penalties and special promotions, which was more enjoyable to watch. I was impressed by the toughness and athleticism of the players. They bounced right back up after getting aggressively tto the ground. The game was a perfect end to the weekend! I really want to go back to another one soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment